Our global arbitration practice provides organisations with arbitration experts wherever in the world they operate. We draw upon the resources of our global arbitration practice to deploy teams that are adapted to the specific requirements of the dispute, in terms both of geographic and industry-specific expertise. Our worldwide arbitration experts sit in offices across all of the major arbitration centres and throughout our global network – including the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas – and work together as one cross-border team.
Partners in our arbitration practice are members of leading arbitral institutions and regularly sit as arbitrators. The Group’s partners have relationships with ICC Court and Commission, LCIA, HKIAC and SIAC. The Group’s partners are also active in the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA), the International Bar Association (IBA) and the International Law Association (ILA).
Our objective is to resolve disputes to our clients’ satisfaction as cost effectively and efficiently as possible. We have a strong track record in developing and implementing innovative commercial solutions for the amicable settlement of disputes.
We regularly act for clients in investment protection arbitration, joint venture and M&A disputes as well as commercial dispute arbitrations in the energy, construction, infrastructure, pharmaceutical, aerospace & defence, banking & finance, insurance & reinsurance, shipping & transport and telecommunications sectors.
We are able to run arbitrations in any of the world’s major languages, including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Arabic.
Arbitrating under all major arbitral rules.
We conduct arbitrations pursuant to the rules and procedures of all the major arbitral institutions, including:
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- The Chamber of National and International Arbitration of Milan
- Netherlands Arbitration Institute (NAI)
- Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce in Warsaw (PCC)
- International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber Vienna (VIAC)
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- American Arbitration Association (AAA/ICDR)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Chamber of Commerce
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- German Institute of Arbitration (DIS)
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC)
- Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA)
We also regularly conduct ad hoc arbitrations under UNCITRAL and other rules.